Pastor David F. Sherry was born July 29, 1956 in Detroit, Michigan. He received his elementary education at St Matthew Lutheran School in Westland Michigan. He graduated from Lutheran High School West in Detroit in 1974. His undergraduate degree was received at Concordia College, Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1978. He then continued his studies for the ministry at Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne Indiana, graduating in 1982.
As part of his seminary training, Pastor Sherry spent a year of vicarage (1980-1981) at Our Savior’s and First English Lutheran Churches in Crookston and Eldred, Minnesota.
Since graduating from the seminary, Pastor Sherry has served the following parishes: St. Stephen Lutheran Church, defiance, Ohio (1982 to 1986); St Paul Lutheran Church, Millington, Michigan (1986 to 1994); and Our Savior’s / First English Lutheran Churches, Crookston/Eldred, Minnesota (1994 to 1998); Trinity (Monitor) Lutheran Church, Bay City, Michigan (1998 to Present).